Monday, January 26, 2009

Snow, still a novelty

I have been enjoying the weather here in Mitchell Oregon. This last Saturday we woke up to snow! What a surprise this was. I decided to let Sierra, our dag, and Edison, our cat, enjoy being out in it. OK, I will be honest, Sierra enjoyed it and we had just finished a walk to the post office and local mercantile/store. Edison liked it for about three minutes and decided he did not mind being an inside cat after all. Maybe I will get tired of snow, but for now it is a beautiful thing.

I have also enjoyed living in the rural and decided to take a picture of our neighbors on one side of us. She was enjoying the bit of sunshine we were having on this 28 degree afternoon. The two goats were still in their "Home". My Kitchen window faces my horse and two goat neighbors and every morning I get to see them and see how they are doing. Once the weather warms up I may not enjoy the smell from my neighbors, but for now it is all good.



I am getting ready for my spring shows. I start my show season in March and have a few things I want to have done before it all begins again for a new year.

I am wanting to change my show set up for this year. I have to build some new displays, but I think that my new set up will be more efficient and display my products better and hopefully will result in better sales. Also, I am just about done with my taxes. Isn't this a fun part of having your own business? Gathering all your receipts, sales slips, write offs etc. etc. etc. I will be glad when I have everything submitted to the tax man. I take my paperwork to a professional so I can have to peace of mind that they are filed correctly. Also I want to try an online store on etsy this year. I will keep posts on this new avenue.

This is all for now and a picture and information is coming of my new candle line....." Lights of Liberty"

Have a great week!

No comments: