Thursday, March 19, 2009

2009 Wine & Food Classic McMinnville, OR

The McMinnville Wine and Food Classic, also known as "The SIP" was held last weekend in McMinnville Oregon. This was my second time being a vendor. The show is held in the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum in McMinnville, Oregon. The atmosphere is awesome! This year we were in the Space Museum instead of the Aviation Museum. There were many local wineries offering "sips" of their many different types of wine. Yamhill County in Oregon is known for their Pinot Noir Wines.


I was very interested to attend this show as it was my first show for the 2009 Season. As with my Christmas shows sales were down about 26% from last year. There were many people attending the show, but the public is cautious about what they are buying. The trend is still to buy more natural products and people are continuing to ask questions about ingredients and how products are made.

My husband, Mark, was able to be with me at this show. He and I thought that the show treats its vendors top notch. We, as vendors, were able to sign up for a free massage, there were snacks in the morning and afternoon, and there was always coffee, water, and lemonade available for the vendors. I have to say, I am not offered these "perks" at any other show I do. For more information about the McMinnville Wine and Food Classic, SIP go to http://www.macwfc.org/


My husband teaches high school English and History and after the show we were able to take some pictures of the many different space planes, space ships, and rockets at the museum. My husband was also able to get a guided tour of the main rocket and simulated count down they have at the museum. He and I totally loved all the information we read and history we saw after we had packed up our show. If you ever want to visit the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum in McMinnville, Oregon, you can get more information at http://www.evergreenmuseum.org/

My next show is in April at the Blossom Festival in Hood River Oregon. I am looking forward to the show.


Krista Webber - Owner

No comments: