Wednesday, March 12, 2008

McMinnville Wine and Food Classic was Full of Class!

I was a vendor at the McMinnville Wine and Food Classic this last weekend, March 7-9. All I can say is the McMinnville Wine and Food Classic was total class all the way. There were hundreds of vendors from Wineries to Food to Art. The set up and layout of the show was excellent and the setting of the show was superb.

The Picture of my Booth is without my Signage. Not as "snazzy" with out it, but I needed a pic. for a show without my Signage and then I forgot to take one with my sign up. Oh, well, can't win them all.


The Wine Classic is held at the Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, OR. This is where the Spruce Goose is located, along with many other vintage and modern airplanes. All the Vendors were located on the outside walls and the guests were able to walk through the Classic pick up a glass of wine wonder around the airplanes, have a little food and see what the art vendors had to sell. The Art was all hand made by the vendors, which is always nice. My booth was located almost under the wing of the Spruce Goose. What a cool spot that was.

From the beginning of the show to the end, the vendors were treated with nothing but respect and thankfulness. Each vendor had a booth that was sectioned off with curtains and had a skirted 8ft table ready to be used. Each morning and afternoon, there were breakfast and afternoon snacks supplied in the vendor room. There was always a pot of coffee on, which my husband and I loved. The many volunteers had everything organized upon arrival and departure for the vendors. I have to say this was one of the nicer show I have done. I also have to say that my candle sales were great throughout the weekend.

I will definitely put this on my list of shows to do again.

One funny thing that happened this weekend was that it was day light savings.... and you are correct I forgot!! My husband and I did not realize it until we received a phone call while still driving to the show. Opppsss!!!! The people in charge of the show were so understanding and when we got to our booth my neighboring vendors were running my booth for me. How awesome is that?! Like I stated already, the show was class all the way.

Right now I am heading down to cook candles and get ready for the Daffodil Festival this weekend in Junction City, OR. I will blog about this next week. Until then, enjoy the longer evenings.

No comments: