Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Spring Candle Shows Are Approaching

Welcome to Pauper's Candles Blog. I am Krista Webber, the owner. For starters, if you want to know more about my company and how it all started you can go to my website and read "About Us", www.pauperscandles.com/aboutus.html

Today is another rainy day on the Oregon Coast. We have had quite the winter season, as I am sure many of you have had. Back in December we had what I call "Pioneer Days" at my house. The winter storm, with 100+ mile an hour winds, knocked out our power and phone lines. We lost 6 trees in our yard and thankfully none landed on our home. We did not have power, water, phone (cell or land line) for just about 5 days. At first it was fun. We lit candles all over the house, started the wood stove and fireplace, to keep warm. We gathered water in all our containers before the water was no more and cooked with our camping equipment. Most of all, I did not have to "work". I couldn’t make any candles.

After day three, this was getting old and I was I thankful I did not live in the Little House on the Prairie Days. I was also getting nervous, because I had a show to do the coming weekend and did not have a good supply of candles for the show. When we finally had our power, water, and phones back, I had a day to prep and pack for the show, which means I did not make one candle for the show, and went with what I had prepared before the storm. As it turns out, I had my best show of the season. My husband always reminds me that things work out, and one can only do what one can do.

Spring is on its way and I am glad. In 2 weeks I have my first outdoor show in Junction City, Oregon at the Daffodil Festival. This coming weekend I am at the Wine and Food Classic in McMinnville, Oregon. For those of you who are local these are great events to attend. The local wineries will be out in force in McMinnville and the Daffodil Festival is great for families.

Well, I need to get back to candling for my shows coming up.

No comments: